GUIDELINES FOR LECTURES AND POSTERS
Please, prepare your slides and posters in accordance to Lecture and Poster Instuctions.
CAMERA READY PAPERS AND IEEE COPYRIGT FORM
If you have received Notification of Acceptance e-mail, you can prepare Camera Ready Papers. Make sure your final paper adheres to formatting guidelines provided by template and proofread paper for grammar and typographical errors. The author’s ORCID number is preferred over email. Do not forget to provide IEEE PDF eXpress check and also do not forget to submit IEEE Copyright Form. Please follow detailed instruction provided on the following link: How to upload Camera Ready Paper for EDPE 2023.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR INITIAL PAPER UPLOAD
Initial paper upload period has expired.
EXTENDED CONFERENCE PAPERS
Authors of the EDPE 2023 highest scoring papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their paper to the following journal:
- Power Electronics and Drives (https://sciendo.com/journal/PEAD) – free of charge
- Automatika (https://www.tandfonline.com/journals/taut20) – with APC 775 € + VAT
Extended papers will be invitation only and will undergo a second peer-review from the Editorial board of the journal. To be considered for publication in the Automatika journal, the conference paper must be substantially extended. This means that the submitted journal article must have at least 30% of new content (e.g. additional experiments). These extensions must be clearly identified in the cover letter.
|Early (11 Aug. 2023)
Late (since 12 Aug. 2023)
|Full paper (non-IEEE member, non-student)
|IEEE member or PhD. student
|Co-author (not presenting the paper but attending conference)
|Each additional paper (2nd and following)
|Extra Welcome party ticket
For the participant attending the conference, the first submitted paper must be covered by a full or discounted registration fee. The co-author is the participant who actively attends the conference and for whom some other participant pays the full fee. The accompanying person is the participant who is not an author or a co-author of the accepted paper. The accompanying person does not have access to the scientific programme of the conference.
IEEE members and Ph.D. students have a discount of 15% on the registration fee. IEEE members have to indicate their IEEE membership number during registration. Students must provide proof of undergraduate or postgraduate status. IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference, including IEEE Xplore® Digital Library, if the paper is not presented by the author at the conference.
A full paper, describing work not previously published, has to be submitted in PDF file through the conference website. Please, remove names of authors in your paper before submitting for review. The paper proposal should clearly define the salient concepts and novel features of the work. The paper must be written in English. Normally, the paper proposal should be 6-8 pages long, two-column, single-space, on A4 format with supporting figures, tables and references. The minimum number of pages for the conference paper is 5. It is mandatory to use IEEE paper template. The EDPE 2023 Conference uses Microsoft CMT as a conference management system: https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/EDPE2023/Submission/Manage
PEER REVIEW PROCESS
At first, each submitted paper will be checked against plagiarism using the CrossCheck tool given by IEEE. All papers will undergo double-blind review process and each paper will be reviewed by at least two independent reviewers. The reviewers are recruited among the members of technical program committee and they are assigned by conference chairmen and programme chairmen.
The reviewer decision is made from following options: Desk reject, Reject, Major review, Minor review, Accept as it is. The criteria for paper to be accepted to EDPE 2023 proceedings are:
- Relevance to the conference. The paper must fall withing aims and scope of the conference given by conference technical tracks.
- Tehchnical merit and originality of the paper. The article should be original writing that clearly contributes to the existing state-of-art in the given subject area. Results reported have not been submitted or published elsewhere.
- Introduction and references criteria. The introduction has to clearly state the problem and provides sufficient background. Appropriate references to related prior published works must be cited.
- Clarity of presentation. Conclusions are presented in an appropriate fashion and are supported by the data. Experiments, simulations and other analyses are performed to a high technical standard and are described in sufficient detail.
- Quality of presentation and English level. The article is written in Standard English with correct grammar. Large Language Models (LLMs), such as ChatGPT, and papers generated by these models do not currently satisfy criteria to be considered as authorhip papers.
They are responsible for the overall editorial direction and quality of the conference proceedings and ensure adherence to IEEE guidelines. They also prepare and submit final proceedings to IEEE Conferences and Proceedings portal and they works closely with the IEEE staff or publisher for the production of the proceedings.
They lead the Technical program committee responsible for reviewing and selecting papers, select reviewers suitable for technical trakcs and supervise the review process to maintain high standars. They also provide a simmilarity check via CrossCheck portal and coordinate with Conference Chairmen for final accept/reject decision. They handle cases of plagiarism, duplicate submissions, and other ethical concerns.
Technical Programm Committee
Members of the committee that agreed to be reviewers conduct thorough reviews of submitted papers based on established criteria. Reviewers provide constructive feedback to authors to improve the quality of their work.